Thursday, August 16, 2007

missing the rush

A few minutes ago, I started to feel pretty low, and I couldn't pinpoint why. Then it occurred to me that at this exact moment, for the last five weeks, the curtain was going up on a show I was doing. But that show is closed. This feeling is withdrawal.

Of course, I’m hitting the audition circuit, and I have a class starting in a few weeks. But there's nothing worse than the limbo known as "in-between" shows. You begin to wonder if you'll ever act again.

But then... you snap out of it. You look at your resume and notice that you've had some pretty damn good parts over the years. Somebody gave you a chance before, and it'll happen again. Just relax and go along for the ride. Relax, but never let up. Stay primed for the next one.

This is what it's like to be an actor.

No comments: